Jobs at CoSN
CoSN (Consortium for School Networking) is the premier membership association for education technology leaders engaged in improving teaching and learning through the effective use of technology for K-12. CoSN believes that education transformation can only happen when the entire school district team is involved. That same value exists within the culture of the organization and our staff members are committed to teamwork, collaboration, and creativity.
Director of Membership and Chapters
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Director of Membership is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic membership plan, which focuses on all aspects of membership development, recruitment, and retention, including outreach to existing and emerging state chapters. Other responsibilities include liaison to the Board of Directors and performing misc. administrative duties as assigned.
- Develop and implement a strategic membership plan to recruit and retain members (school districts, states, educational service agencies, charter schools, parochial and independent schools, etc.).
- Oversee the annual membership recruitment, retention and renewal process, continually updating CoSN messaging appropriate for email delivery and utilizing proven marketing strategies. Track progress and provide user-friendly data dashboards and reports.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key partner organizations to leverage outreach efforts at national and state levels.
- As part of the strategic plan, develop and implement strategies to work with existing and forming CoSN state chapters in the US and Canada. Work with state leaders on state-specific membership recruitment and retention strategies.
- This position will be responsible for ensuring that all membership data is kept current.
- Serve as project manager to implement and promote an annual survey of industry leadership and management trends.
- Serve as project manager overseeing the development and implementation of state/regional level clinics.
- Maintain membership web pages and assist with upkeep of membership modules in association database.
- Update/maintain marketing materials promoting CoSN membership.
- Assist with inquiries/services/registration via telephone and email from members and non-members alike.
- Support members-only benefits such as webinars, reports, forums, and promotion of membership at conferences.
- Work to promote overall CoSN messaging and marketing of CoSN products/services.
- Supervise and mentor two staff supporting membership and chapter relations functions.
- Oversee the online membership Community.
- Four year degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a member-related position with a non-profit organization; marketing experience a plus.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks in a small, yet fast-paced organization.
- Experience using an Association Management system is preferred.
- Experience with an online community is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Association Management Systems.
- A team player.
- Great personality with a “can-do” attitude.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Creative & innovative.
- Occasional travel required.
CoSN provides a competitive salary aligned to compensation for similar positions within the DC Metro area non-profit community.
Send a cover letter and resume outlining your experience as it directly relates to this position. Include salary history and expectations.
Position open until filled.
Please email your credentials. No calls please.
CoSN is an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.