Jobs at CoSN
CoSN (Consortium for School Networking) is the premier membership association for education technology leaders engaged in improving teaching and learning through the effective use of technology for K-12. CoSN believes that education transformation can only happen when the entire school district team is involved. That same value exists within the culture of the organization and our staff members are committed to teamwork, collaboration, and creativity.
Reports to Director of Membership and Chapters.
The Membership Coordinator serves as the lead customer service representative assisting members and prospects with access to CoSN resources and benefits. Working with the Director of Membership and Chapter Relations, the Membership Coordinator will design and implement strategies for the retention and recruitment of new members. Additional responsibilities include serving as liaison to the Board of Directors and performing other support duties as assigned.
- Designs and implements creative membership recruitment and retention campaigns requiring intensive research and prospecting skills.
- Serves as the primary customer service representative for daily management of CoSN membership information using an Association Management System database.
- Prepares reports on membership activities.
- Processes dues invoices and all correspondence required to complete a dues payment transaction.
- Responds daily to member inquiries both in a verbal and written form.
- Updates membership records and eliminates duplicate records from member database.
- Troubleshoots the Membership Database with an eye toward continuous process improvement.
- Uses information in the database to market CoSN membership and assists in the creation of marketing materials for membership.
- Cross-trains in other support areas to ensure consistent and full coverage for key Association functions.
- Supports the CEO with administrative support, internal communications and meeting logistics.
- Sends notices to board members for upcoming meetings.
- Disseminates Board information as requested.
- Manages annual board election process.
- Manages the annual Membership awards programs.
- Updates Membership web pages using an intuitive content management system.
- Supports organizational needs as assigned.
Salary: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Requirements: BA/BS in education, marketing or other related field. A Minimum of 1-2 years of experience, preferably in a membership position with a non-profit membership association. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel, an Association Management System, must be able to manage multiple tasks in a small, yet fast-paced organization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. A team player.
CoSN is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com with ‘Membership Coordinator’ in the subject line.