2013-14 Webinar Series Kicks off Tuesday
Our 2013-2014 webinar series kicks off on Tuesday! We're excited to feature an exceptional lineup of speakers who will lead discussions from now through May on cutting-edge issues in education technology.
This Tuesday's webinar (from 1-2 p.m. ET) will ask “Is Privacy in the Cloud Possible?” as it examines the current regulations and best practices surrounding school privacy in cloud-based environments. As cloud computing becomes increasingly ubiquitous, districts nationwide will have to come up with strategies for the issues swirling around it. Get ahead of the curve by joining in a discussion featuring Jim Siegl (Technology Architect, Fairfax County Public Schools), Kathleen M. Styles (Chief Privacy Officer, U.S. Department of Education), David Rubin (Attorney, Council of School Attorneys), and Aimee Guidera (Executive Director, Data Quality Campaign).
- “Can Learning Analytics Enable Personalized Learning?” Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013
- “Can School Systems Leverage ‘Hybrid Innovation’ Strategies to Improve Student Learning?” Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2014
- “Being IT Ready for High Stakes Online Assessments,” Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014
- “Smart Education Networks by Design: Developing the Next Generation Network to Support Personalized Learning with Technology,” Tuesday, Apr. 22, 2014
- “Over the Horizon: Results from the ‘2014 Horizon K-12 Report," Tuesday, May 20, 2014
All webinars are free for CoSN members and media. Interested press should contact Michael Kaplun or Jennifer Cummings for details. We hope you'll be able to join these thought-provoking conversations!