Superintendents can make or break educational technology initiatives. They are responsible for ensuring that their school districts embrace transformative digital learning. CoSN collaborates with superintendents to assess their challenges and increase their capacities to lead technology efforts. We are dedicated to helping and aspiring superintendents and district leadership teams to build on their knowledge, skills, and confidence.
CoSN is grateful to the following sponsors for their support: ENA, Filewave, Fortinet, JAMF Software, Kajeet, and Pearson.
Education technology is a growing part of any superintendents' role. In focus groups and interviews with superintendents nationwide, we heard that ed tech projects inspire a lot of excitement, but also a lot of trepidation. To help empower superintendents in this area, we created an Empowered Superintendent Toolkit. Read and download Version 3.0 that was released in partnership with AASA, the School Superintendents Association, below.
The Executive Summary will give you an overall introduction to the Empowered Superintendent Toolkit. Learn what's new in version 3.0 and view our skill areas, tools, and action steps at a glance.
Module 1 will help you truly dive in to the Toolkit. Explore the issues more in-depth with a detailed examination of our Five Imperatives for Technology Leadership. Packed with testimonials, case studies, and more, Module 1 will give you a new perspective on the most important things you need to do to lead.
Module 2 will give you the Four Action Steps for Strengthening the Technology Leadership Team. How can you best leverage your team and structure its experience to foster the power of technology in education?
Additional resources: Superintendent Self-Assessment, District Leadership Team Assessment, CETL Certification Flyer, CTO Evaluation Rubric, CTO Interview Questions, CTO Job Description, CTO Self-Assessment, and References and Resources.
NEW Online Tools
Superintendents Advisory Panel
Lenny Schad, Board Liaison
David Schuler, Chair
Lil Kellogg, Board Liaison
- College of Alberta School Superintendents
- Colorado Association of School Executives
- Colorado Association of Senior School Administrators
- Idaho Association of School Administrators
- Illinois Association of School Administrators
- Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents
- Kentucky Association of School Administrators
- Michigan Association of School Administrators
- Minnesota Association of School Administrators
- Mississippi Association of School Administrators
- Montana Association of School Superintendents
- New York State Council of Superintendents
- North Carolina Association of School Administrators
- Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators
- School Superintendents of Alabama
- Texas Association of School Administrators